Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

This is serious writing guys

This is a very serious piece inspired by Robert Bloch and also some other authors.



Shanna woke up from a very sound sleep in the middle of the night. She opened her eyes and, after rubbing the grit from them, looked around the room. The moonlight streaming in revealed everything in its normal place. Her hair brush was still where she left it on her desk, the crumpled pair of jeans she had discarded remained undisturbed on her floor. She held her breath and listened for any sounds that could have awoken her. There were none.

She knew the true source of her restlessness before she even sat up. Looking around had only been a distraction-- the last scrap of normalcy that she held on to night by night in an attempt to remain sane.

I can has burrito?” a little voice mewled, muffled by the mattress. Shanna brought her knees up to her chest and buried her head in them.

You can not has burrito. Not tonight. I just want to sleep.” Though she tried to keep her voice strong, it wavered at the end. She was so tired.

I will has burrito!” The voice yowled. When Shanna did not move immediately, she was spurred into action by the sensation of little claws digging into her right butt cheek. She jerked off her bed and landed on the floor with a crash. Still tangled in the sheets, her movements were hindered and uncoordinated as she scrabbled to cover her smarting behind. Nothing she did made any difference.

Fine! You can has burrito!” She squealed, tears rolling down her face. The pain relented.

I can has... chikkin burrito?” The voice purred. She knew it was not a question.

You can definitely has chicken burrito,” she responded as she started toward the kitchen. The moonlight glinted off of the adorable tattoo of a kitten on her ass. This was her curse.

A/N: Trolololololoooo

3 comments:

  1. Words cannot describe how much I love you right now XD
    MADE MY DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy is a marvelous muse, what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seriously reminds me of A. Lee Martinez's Divine Misfortune though. Evil Burrito Kitty God would fit right in with that cast of characters. EVERYONE MUST READ A. LEE MARTINEZ FOR TH LULZ.

    At least Chasing the Moon and Divine Misfortune. I believe Trish also vouches for the Automatic Detective. Monster is good so far, but not quite as good as Chasing the Moon, and I have yet to try his other novels. But srsly, check him out.

    ReplyDelete